About the '49 Club
The Eastern Athletic Trainers’ Association (EATA) ’49 Club is a district-based award. It recognizes those District One and District Two members whose district, state and EATA contributions demonstrate sustained service and leadership and reflect positively on their home district, state and the EATA. The work of these individuals shape and advance the profession of Athletic Training as a result of their exceptional accomplishments and dedication to sustained service and leadership in their district, state and the EATA. The ’49 Club is considered the highest honor a District One or District Two member can achieve and is equivalent to a District Hall of Fame recognition.
Candidates for the EATA ’49 Club must be nominated by a District One or District Two member in good standing and must meet the following criteria to be eligible for consideration.
Qualified candidates for the EATA ’49 Club must
- Be an active, retired or deceased member from either District 1 or District 2.
- Possess an NPI number (if active).
- Possess an active or retired BOC credential.
- Have been a BOC athletic trainer a minimum of 25 years.
- Be, or had been, a member of District 1 or District 2 or a combination of both for a minimum of 15 years preceding the nomination.
Deceased District 1 or District 2 members not meeting the 25 years qualification may be considered for induction into the EATA ’49 Club if their work brought distinction to District 1 and/or District 2.
- The name and contact information for a nominee must be submitted to a '49 Club Committee Co-Chair through the below form between July 1st – September 15th of the year preceding the EATA annual meeting. It is incumbent upon the nominator to ensure that the nominee meets all ’49 Club Award qualifications.
- To become a candidate for the ’49 Club Award, a nominee must submit their completed ’49 Club Application and curriculum vitae by October 1 of the year preceding the EATA annual meeting. It is the responsibility of both the nominee and the nominator to ensure that this application is factual and complete.
- Submission of three (3) Letters of Advocacy. Two (2) letters must be from athletic trainers in Districts 1 and/or 2 who had been certified for a minimum of 15 years. One (1) letter must be from a non-athletic trainer. Letters must be submitted to David Csillan at email@example.com no later than October 1 to be considered for the following January EATA Meeting.
Nominations are open from July 1st through September 15th