About the EATA Excellence in Secondary School Athletic Training Award
(Was called the Henry Schein Award)
The award is presented each year at the annual Eastern Athletic Trainers' Association conference. In selecting the athletic trainer, it should be remembered that he/she should be a person who has made an outstanding contribution to the profession on the secondary or prep school level.
The following list of criteria will be the basis for the selection, of which 50 percent or more must be met in order to receive this award:
1. BOC certified and in good standing
2. Recognized excellence in the field of athletic training
3. Current member of the National Athletic Trainers' Association
4. Outstanding service to the EATA, NATA or state organization
5 Outstanding service to the athletic trainer's place of professional employment
6. Have served on a committee or held office in either EATA, NATA, or state organization
7. Community service - i.e. Emergency Medical Technician, etc.
8. Must demonstrate honesty, integrity, adaptability, tactfulness, and friendless when dealing with his/her fellow athletic trainers.
9. Must have an NPI number
Nominations Close September 15th